Jaipur is one of the favorite cities to visit among tourists from around the globe. The spectacular fortresses, palatial buildings, the old city, vibrant markets, traditional culture and the rich heritage of the city attracts tourists to fall in love with the charm of the city. But the tourism treasure of Jaipur doesn’t end here. The city has a collection of some of the delectable food items you should munch upon at least once in a lifetime.
Food is an integral part of our trip. It adds spice to the days and makes every day exciting especially when you are on your holidays. In India, lifestyle changes every few kilometers and that is the reason the food also changes. Especially for travel destinations like Jaipur City, food plays an important role. It helps the tourists to bind up with the taste of the city. Food helps tourists to understand the culture of the city in depth. Jaipur is famous for its exclusive range of delicious food items ranging from traditional spiced up cuisines to new innovative dishes.
We have come up with a list of the yummy food options that you should try on your next trip to Jaipur. When you are on your trip, have a read of this list of yummy food options in Jaipur you cannot afford to miss on your visit.
Best Jaipuri Food Items You Should Definitely Try
1.Dal Bati Churma- It is the most famous Rajasthani dish all over India. Delicious wheat balls cooked over firewood, dipped in ghee are served with spicy dal makes a solid blend. And this dish is accompanied by sweet churma laddoos, papad, chutney, and salad and that makes it a perfect meal. It is the best Rajasthani dish to try in Jaipur. You will fall in love with this delicacy.
2. Mawa Kachori- Kachori is another very famous spicy Indian dish. It is one exotic Rajasthani Dessert mostly eaten in Jaipur. Stuffed with mawa/khoya and dry fruits, this dish is a rich and a royal dessert. It is mainly accompanied with cream to give it a typical Jaipuri feel.
3. Gatte Ki Sabji- It is a traditional Rajasthani dish made out of Gram flour. The gattas are prepared and mixed with yogurt curry to give it a creamy texture and exceptional taste. It is one of the finger-licking foods of Jaipur and flag bearer of traditional Jaipuri food.
4. Ghewar- If you are a sweet lover you can’t resist trying the Ghewar. It is the traditional dessert option that Rajasthani people are very fond of eating. Made out of maida and dipped in sugar syrup this dessert is textured like a cake by applying a rich coat of malai on it. This creamy dessert is one of the most loved sweet dishes all over the world. Are you already craving for Jaipuri Ghewar?
5. Pyazz Ki kachori- Everyone loves kachori but have you ever tried pyazz kachori? It is the most eaten street food of Jaipur. A fluffy bread filled with a spicy blend of onions and potatoes makes an exotic pyazz kachori. If you are on a trip to Jaipur you must try the Rajasthani style Pyazz kachori.
6. Ker Sangri– It is the most unique and incredible tasting Rajasthani dish. This dish was mostly eaten in desert areas but now it has become very famous in Jaipur. It a mixture of Ker and Sangri prepared in spicy pickle mixture and served with bajra roti. It is the main course meal and a crown of Rajasthani thali.
7. Laal Maas– If you are a non-vegetarian then Rajasthani platter will be a heaven for you. Laal Maas is a famous Rajasthani mutton curry prepared with lots of hot spices and curd. It has got its name because of its bright red clour. This dish can team up with bajra roti or rice to appease your taste buds.
8. Gajak– It is a traditional Rajasthani sweet dish. Gajak is one of the most famous and oldest desserts of Rajasthan. The taste of Rajasthani Gajak is different and unique which you will love. The dessert is prepared in pure ghee to provide richness to it.
9. Mirchi Vada– It is another common street food option in Jaipur. If spicy food excites you then you should try it once. It is prepared by filling green chilies with potato filling and then deep-frying after applying a coat of gram flour. This is a perfect snack option for your supper time. Its crunchy texture and rich taste will let you fall pray for it.
10. Keema Bati– This dish is a perfect blend of traditional dish dal bati with keema. Keema Bati is a blessing for non-vegetarian eaters. It is a bati stuffed with keema cooked in green chilies and various spices. This dish is served with spicy dal and salad. This dish is a must-try for your next visit to Jaipur.
11. Rajasthani Kadhi- The kadhi prepared in Rajasthan is completely different from all other states in India. Popularly known as “Khatta” the Rajasthani kadhi is made up of gram flour and crunchy pakoras are added into it to enhance its texture. This spicy kadhi is served mostly with rice and the resulting dish is known as Kadhi chawal.
12. Lapsi- It is a traditional sweet dish mostly prepared for festivals or any big occasion. This sweet is considered to be the best dish to serve God. Made in pure desi ghee and sugar this dish is the best dessert option for you to explore the richness of taste and texture of Rajasthani cuisine.
The richness and taste of the exclusive Rajasthani dishes can be best explored in the pink city. After knowing about the rich Jaipuri cuisines, you must be craving to try this stuff out.
To explore Jaipur to its best, just give a call to Jaipur Travels. We offer the best Jaipur tour packages for you to travel around the city. We help you explore the whole city and let you try the best Jaipuri food at the most famous food destinations in Jaipur.